Friday, May 23, 2014

My Trip to Chattanooga

That post title sounds a lot like a paper you'd turn in on the first day back to school about your summer vacation. "Here Mrs. Teacher, this is my paper on my summer vacation. It's called 'My Trip to Chattanooga.'"

Anyway, a few weekends ago I took a trip to Tennessee to visit two of my very dear friends. One is my BFF from high school and the other is her husband. My BFF, Kelly, is a pharmacist and after college she moved to TN so when we want to see each other we have to travel. I was excited to spend a weekend away!

My two sweet friends.


Their sweet puppy Stella.


We ate dinner the first night at a wonderful Tapas restaurant. I ate blue cheese puffs, spinach artichoke dip and what they call papas bravas. Yum!! We all shared and they gave me some of their pear and walnut quesadilla. It was so good!


Selfie in the car on the way to lunch.


I was so happy to see they had this Daft Punk table!!


I've loved Daft Punk since Discovery.


We ate lunch at the best pizza place. Basically you pick the pizza size and that's a base price and then you pick all your toppings including type of cheese. We got spinach, artichokes, mushrooms, tomatoes, feta cheese, garlic and mozzarella. It was so tasty! I loved that there were so many toppings options and that we could pick whatever we wanted.

After lunch we headed to the Aquarium. It was so nice!!

 

 
 

We really enjoyed the penguin exhibit. We even made new friends.



Look at this penguin on the left standing on another penguin!



We even got trapped in this cage with a shark right behind us!!




I bought a souvenir before we left. I got this cute, little owl mug because of course when you think of the aquarium, you think owl....


Bobby and Kelly cooked the most amazing dinner for me. The made their own ravioli from scratch.... It was pumpkin ravioli with a sage cream sauce. Yum!!! They also made honey ricotta bruschetta and we enjoyed a tasty salad. These two have been taking cooking classes and they are quite the chefs! Dinner was soooo good. I wish I lived closer so I could drop by for dinner more often. :)



I had such a fun weekend. It's always great to catch up with Kelly. :)

10 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

your face with the shark is hilarious. looks like you had a great time with your friends!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

That sounds like such a fun visit!! The food all looked and sounded delicious too! Were you up in the chandelier taking those last photos? :)

I love penguins and that Daft Punk table..what????

Dee said...

I remember you said you've been working really hard, so I'm glad you were able to get away for a couple of days. The dinner your friends cooked sounded scrumptious and I liked all the fun pictures from the zoo, too.

Brandi said...

Your friends sound like really great people. So wonderful that you guys have each other. I loved reading about your visit. Lunch and dinner sounded amazing and the meal they prepared sounds very gourmet. Trips to the aquarium are always fun. I haven't been in ages since my kids were little. Next time you're in Chattanooga you should visit, Lookout Mtna and Ruby Falls. We've been there once before and it was truly beautiful. The car ride up the Mtn, not so much!! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog to follow, i found you thrue other bloggers...blessings

Sathya said...

Woww.. Beautiful places you have visited. After seeing that, i feel go to like these places..Thank you for sharing..

malaivelsiddha said...

Nice post!
medicine for aids in india

sriselvalakshmi said...

Nice article!
egg wholesalers namakkal
egg wholesalers namakkal

luckys said...

gta 5 apk
It just makes me so sad to see him grow up, but I am so proud of all he has accomplished in the past few years.

sriselvalakshmi said...

Well done!!Good Post.
medicine for aids in india
latest hiv treatment in India