Monday, July 19, 2010

I hate shoes in the entrance way

I couldn't think of a better title than that. I mean it sums up exactly what this whole post is about. I forgot to take a before picture, but basically, everytime I would come in, I would leave shoes right next to the door. When guests would come over, they would do the same thing and there would just be a huge pile of shoes for everyone to trip over when they came in. Hazardous and ugly. I knew there had to be a better way to deal with the shoe situation so we went questing for a solution..... ....at Target.

Closetmaid has a pretty big selection of products there so I figured we were bound to find some sort of shoe holder there. There was a 2 shelf organizer:

but I didn't think that would really hold all that many shoes and I also wanted something that would be vertical not horizontal like this item. Then we saw the shoe cubbies:


I knew it would hold more shoes and that could stand it up vertically and it would still work. So I took it home and put it together. Success! Except when you stood it up vertically, some of the sides weren't the pretty, rich brown color we had picked out. They were unpainted.... So I got some spray paint and took care of that travesty and now have a nice place to store shoes and guests shoes that fits quite nicely next to our front door.



I put the tray on top and it usually holds my purse and an umbrella or other things that are handy to have on the way out of the house.


Mission accomplished.

2 comments:

Susan R said...

It's very organized. Kind of reminds me of the play zone at kids indoor play grounds though. They have little cubbies for everyone's shoes.
Now, having grown up in Hawaii, we take our shoes off at the door ALWAYS. Actually, we have a tin sign at our door that reads:
Hawaiian Style
Please remove your shoes at the door.
Don't take better ones on your way out.
Mahalo

Jen said...

Thanks for stopping by!
I agree with you about the shoes..I keep trying different things for our shoes but I cant find something I like..Yours looks like a good idea...I think I might try this next!