Monday, September 10, 2012

A Navy and Gray Bridal Shower

My BFF Kelly is getting married in October and she selected me to be her maid of honor! :) Therefore it was my duty to throw a bridal shower which I was super excited to do. I held it at my house and I can't wait to share all the details with you! I already shared the yarn wreath I made for the occasion.


Here's the beautiful, bride-to-be!


Kelly and I have known each other since junior year of high school. We were in band together and we have been inseparable ever since!


Kelly and I have had so much fun over the years. She will go along with any scheme I cook up and she loves a good dance party just as much as I do.


For drinks, my mom made homemade iced tea and we also had pink lemonade and water. I bought the beverage dispensers at Target and I was really happy with them! They work well and they are inexpensive at $20.


Then we had the food setup.



For veggies, we cut up broccoli and bell peppers. We also had baby carrots and cherry tomatoes with peppercorn ranch dip.


We also served pineapple, cantaloupe, honey dew, grapes, watermelon, blueberries and strawberries. Five servings of fruits and veggies a day keeps the doctor away!


I bought chunk cheese on sale and my sister cut it into cubes and we set out crackers with it. I made pasta salad as well.


There were chips and dip.


The cakes turned out perfectly. We ordered 2 of them at Publix (I love Publix cakes!) and I was impressed with their work. I asked for them to base the cakes on the wedding invitation. We also got some cupcakes too - half chocolate and half vanilla.




And I leave you with this: 


My super cool, little sister McKenna created this little cheese man. I was charmed. :)

9 comments:

Annie ~ Red Roses and Crystal said...

Your friend is very lucky to have you as her maid of honor Morgan, you made her bridal shower extra special I'm sure of that. So much yummy food!
xx

Elle Sees said...

I really like the pallet here. Very unexpected andthat's so pretty....

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

It looks like a fun day! Love all of the delicious looking food!! Yum!

Kara Renee said...

How fun! Its so sweet that yall have been friends for that long. I loved the little back story! The shower turned out so beautiful! And the cakes are absolutely great! So so cute. :)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

What a pretty and class shower!! The food table looked amazing and the food, just perfect! My kind of shower!!! The cake really turned out adorable!! I like how you added in personal touches with the color scheme! Great job!! And that cheese man is too cute!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Looks like an amazing party Morgan! She is so luckyo to have your for a friend! Angie xo

Faith said...

such a fabulous shower! loving all the details! the cake is adorable!

Unknown said...

The party looks amazing!! Love all the details :)

Wenni Donna said...

You guys look very happy in these pictures. We were all set to have my bridal shower at home next week, but my mom had to leave for San Francisco due to some work. I couldn’t have her miss the shower so we decided to all go to her instead. We will be celebrating at San Francisco wedding venues next week.