Monday, September 3, 2012

Ikea Love

After I first moved into the house, I bought these cheap bookshelves at Target. They were only about 20 dollars each and I was happy that they would provide a lot of storage.



I have enjoyed them for over 2 years, but I always wanted some bookshelves that were a little taller and that were sturdier because these were pretty wonky (that's a technical term). I just had to wait to save up some money for them.


I finally decided that I wanted the same look, but taller with more shelves so I went for the Ikea Billy bookshelf. I bought them when they were on sale for $49.99 each and I was happy about that. I actually ordered them back when I ordered my new living room chairs from Ikea. It only took me 7 months to actually take the time to put them together...


I pretty much love them! I was able to put them all together in a few hours and it was pretty easy.


I love that they have a cut-out in the back for baseboards so that they sit flush against the wall. I also left off the cardboard backing so that the wall color would show through. They feel so much more sturdy than the old Target shelves.


I plan on trimming them out (ya know, jump on the bandwagon!) when I get some time and figure out how, haha.


Meanwhile, I'm just enjoying having more space for storage due to the fact that billy bookshelves have 6 shelves and my old ones had 5.




Yay! :)

10 comments:

The Atwoods said...

Love the shelves, but I love your shelf styling even more! Amazing!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

They look great Morgan and I agree your shelf styling is amazing!!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love them Morgan! I agree with you...they are a much better scale and size for the room and look fantastic! Have a wonderful week! Angie xo

Elle Sees said...

These are on my list, add I've always wanted them

Unknown said...

Looks totally fantastic! Great storage place and still totally chic looking! Great job!

xoxo Bree
The Urban Umbrella

http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

Ashley said...

Wow! I love the entire look of the room! The shelves definitely add the perfect touch! xx

Twenties Girl Style
Stop by and enter the Caring Cowl GIVEAWAY!

Kara Renee said...

They're so cute Morgan! And they totally tie the room together. I so wish that I lived closer to an IKEA!

erica said...

Oh my goodness how cute is your living room! xo

pam {simple details} said...

Wow! Great job styling your bookcases! Everything looks perfect with your living room, love your rug, too!

Unknown said...

those bookcases look great in your living room! Nice upgrade :)