Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Adventures with my Kitchenaid Mixer

I made Pioneer Woman's Tomato Basil Pizza the other day. I've made it several times and it's always wonderful, but this time I used my Kitchenaid stand mixer to mix the dough and I used my Williams-Sonoma pizza stone.


Ready for action


Using the mixer to mix up this dough made me happy. It came out so much easier to work with than normal.



After the dough is pressed out, it's time for toppings!




When I make this pizza, I usually add spinach on top. I like the extra flavor it adds and the texture is nice too. But if you don't like spinach, obviously this isn't for you. ;-)


Straight from the oven. Beautiful.

And in other food news, I had a coupon to get a free Kraft Homestyle Deluxe meal. I wasn't expecting anything amazing, but I made the meal anyway.


This is what it looked like when I got done. Looks kind of like homemade mac and cheese because the sauce is different and they include "bread crumbs" to go on the top. I had it with some veggies and it was actually really good. So if you see it at the market and want to try it, it's a quick and easy meal that's pretty tasty too.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

ok, i love your green kitchenaide...and the pizza looks great too!

Susan R said...

Ooooooo, lovin the green Kitchenaide. Careful, that Kitchenaide will suck you right in there. It's like an addiction....all of a sudden you just have to make something. In all honesty I love mine and couldn't live without it. I use it at least three or four times a week and it just gets better with age.
I could easily say that I could take one of everything in Williams Sonoma and sometimes two.

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

I am so happy you have got your comments working I have been wanting so say hi forever and now i can yeay. Your mixer is totally in my wish list and your pizza looks amazing