Sunday, April 3, 2011

Queso Blanco!

Hola! My friend Parneet whose still in town until Tuesday, invited us and our friend Matt over last night for Taco Night! I wanted to try making queso blanco so I searched for a recipe to try and of course I picked the easiest one and that one with the least amount of ingredients.

You can access that recipe here if you're interested, but here's the skinny:

Get yourself a pound of white American cheese, 2 4 oz. cans of green chilies and 3/4 cup of heavy cream.

We put the chilies and cream in and once it warmed up, we added cubes of the cheese in slowly. Once it was melted, we heated it up a little more and that was it! We, of course, had tortilla chips with it and it turned out really well for a 3-ingredient recipe.


We brought cayenne pepper to put in it if it didn't have enough kick, but I was OK with it the way it was. Everybody else ate jalapeno peppers with it anyway sooo that's kick for ya right there.


And here's the queso up close and personal. It tasted just like the dip you get a Mexican restaurants around here where we live.


Oh, and this recipe makes a LOT of dip. As in, the four of us could not finish it all even though we were snacking on it all night. So if you have a Taco Night any time soon, this is something for you to consider. =]


Muy bueno!

6 comments:

ashley said...

Mmmm mmm mmm! Queso is my FAVE, I couldn't be trusted with homemade quantities!

Meredith said...

OH YUMMMMMM!!
Just what I needed before swimsuit season - a recipe for disaster! :)

claire said...

this looks amazing!

I am more of a yellow queso girl, but recently tried white queso.. Loved it!

The Atwoods said...

Mmmm...I love queso dip!!! I'm definitely going to try this one soon.

Michelle @ Ten June said...

YUM!!! Annnd I need to go eat supper, this is making me hungry!

Pam said...

I am totally book marking this... looks amazing!