Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter!

Sunday was a beautiful, wonderful day! We had a fantastic service at church and then had lunch. I forgot to take any pictures until after everyone had already left and most of the food had been eaten...

Oops...

However, it was a really fun time and these are the dishes I decided to make (mostly eaten):



Rachel at The Atwoods had posted about these Loaded Potatoes and Broccoli Cornbread. They looked like they would make plenty of food for the amount of people we were having over so I started there. The other thing in the picture was a failed attempt at baked okra. It turned out alright, but I know what to do next time to fix it. I'll let you know when I try it again, haha.


The broccoli cornbread was a big favorite and I was really pleased with how these potatoes turned out and of course, I love potatoes period. Thanks for the recipes Rachel! =]


I had to make some veggies and I chose to go with green beans and corn (because they were in the fridge and I was doing this Easter meal on a budget =)). I just heated up the corn in the microwave and then added a little salt and pepper. The green beans I heated up for a about 5 minutes in the microwave and meanwhile I poured a little olive oil into a pan and added a can of vegetable broth to it. I let that heat up on the stove and when the green beans were done I added them to the pan. I let them simmer for about 15 minutes and once the broth was absorbed, I added a little garlic salt and some pepper to season them and then let them simmer for 5 more minutes. Easy Peasy.


And here's the one piece of brownie that was left, haha. We had those for dessert while we played Cranium (awesome game by the way). =] 


Easter was really fun and everything went off without a hitch (well except the okra). But more importantly, we took some time to reflect on the reason we celebrate Easter and the amazing gift we've been given.

P.S.- next holiday, I will actually remember to take pictures (hopefully)

5 comments:

Susan R said...

Alright missy....send me those recipes.
That broccoli cornbread looks tasty.

The Atwoods said...

Oh yay! I'm so glad your family enjoyed the recipes :) What a nice spread you fixed up, gal!! Your family was blessed to have you as the hostess! :)

The Cooking Photographer said...

I saw that recipe over on the Atwood's blog. It looks great, and here's the proof. It's nearly gone!

claire said...

it happens to the best of us... i always forget to take pics! looks great- well what was left at least :)!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Yum! I'll take that last brownie, please :)