Sunday, April 17, 2011

I Want Tips!

Can we just talk about coupons for a minute? I know most people don't use coupons (at least from what I've seen when I'm in the store and from talking to co-workers, etc.), but I have been attempting to for a little over a year now and I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of it... Sort of... But I want more tips. If you coupon and you have any hidden coupon secrets, then please share them with me =]

I've been very pleased with the results I've seen so far.


I shop at Publix almost exclusively now and I follow I Heart Publix and Southern Savers as they post the weekly deals for Publix with coupon matchups. I attended a coupon class about a month ago and since then my coupon-ness has kind of taken off. I go to the store once per week (as that's how often the deals change for Publix) and my personal goal for each trip is to save more than I spend or to spend less than $40. So far I've either met that goal or come under it! So that's pretty good to me. Of course, it does take a little work to prepare for a trip now. When the weekly deals are posted on I Heart Publix, I go through and write down what I need/want out of that list and print out the associated coupons. I also go through my personal coupon collection (coupons from the paper or that I've printed out previously) and get what I need. I clip them together and then take my list and coupons to the store. When I get there I always go to the customer service desk first and ask them if they have any new coupon booklets and then I look through that in case there might be a coupon for something I want.

These are the main things that I do and so far it's been going well, but if you have any couponing tips, please share! =]

5 comments:

The Atwoods said...

Awww you're doing great!!! We really love the site: http://www.hip2save.com/ because she does everything for you! It makes couponing much easier for us. I don't really have any other tips though...we don't save that much in coupons here because we only have local mom and pop grocery stores nearby, and their coupon policies/store deals aren't that great. My MIL lives in the South though, and she does GREAT at Publix and Kroger...I wish we had those here!! Keep up the good work! :)

Susan R said...

I never use coupons, I just don't have the patience for it. However, I saw a couple of shows recently about these women who have bought about $1,200.00 worth of groceries and have walked out paying $4.00, or better yet, the grocery store ends up giving them $6.00 in cash back.
All I can say is if you have the patience and know how, then I tip my hat to you.
However, if you ever find coupons for Hagan Dazs ice cream bars...I'll take those.

Kristen said...

Coupons are so handy! I hope we don't see you on the next extreme couponing! :p

ashley said...

you are awesome!!!! i never ever use coupons, but i really wish i did after watching the extreme couponing on tlc. what a great goal!!!

claire said...

love if u would do a write up on websites you like/that are helpful... bc i dont coupon and should!