Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pantry!

Well, I got 7 inches of snow at my house Sunday night and it has yet to melt. It's very rare for to see snow like that so I've been delighted to have it. Couldn't get in to work on Monday and didn't get in until 10 today.

But my pantry is organized (nice segue there, huh?).

It started like this:



 I guess the philosophy was to pretty much just throw stuff wherever there's room...


Here's my lunch bin. No I cannot explain why I had 5 containers of peanut butter...


It was high time to organize that bad boy with organizing rule number 1) group like with like.


I finally organized the cereals into thes awesome Oxo containers. Woah, that's a lot of Cheerios....


After:


The pantry makes it look like I'm going to die of starvation, but hey, I'll die of starvation with the pantry organized.


This isn't the prettiest labeling ever, but it works. In these other Oxo containers I keep all-purpose flour, self-rising flour and sugar. I just cut the labels off the bags they came in and stuck them inside to keep it all straight.


I grabbed that tin from upstairs and used it to hold any sauce packets or small packets. The blue box below it holds oatmeal packets and bags of popcorn.


Feels good to have that taken care of!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Nice job!
I think the only reason it looks sparse is because your pantry is so big! Ours is about 1/3 the size of yours and sometimes IT looks sparse!
Don't you love the side effects of being snowed in? :)
Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont

The Atwoods said...

I agree with Meredith--your pantry is HUGE! Lucky lady :) Our "pantry" is a white cabinet from Big Lots...one of those things we're hoping to fix during the renovation.

So glad you're enjoying all the snow!! We got about 8 inches today, but we didn't get to stay home :(

Pam said...

Holy Peanut butter Batman! :) It looks awesome, I was semi-productive during our snow days, mostly watched movies on the sofa! :)

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Wow! Great job. My pantry looks like a disaster zone- I would love for some sanity like this!