Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Paint Catastrophe (Sorta...)

Back in September when I had my painting spree in the living room/dining room/kitchen I did not paint the wall that connects to the stairwell. Exhibit A:



I wanted to eventually paint it a neutral tan color. Welll...... I got some swatches and thought the perfect choice was Benjamin Moore's Silver Fox. So I bought a gallon and this past Saturday, I went to town painting that wall.

Um, no.....

When it dried it had all these purple undertones and was not what I was looking for at all. I was so devastated, I didn't even want to consider another tan color. But I did anyway. I got some more swatches and my two favorites were coastal fog - a tan color from BM and stonington gray - a gray (obviously) color from BM. I bought a sample of each color and got them up on the wall. Once they dried I knew instantly what I wanted. Stonington Gray! It was love. Well, for me anyway.

Here's an in-progress photo, hence, mess everywhere. Just keepin' it real.




And all done and cleaned up.


The painting in the first photos is actually one made by my best friend. I most likely will add it back there, but we haven't gotten to that yet.

 
I am loving the new color and so glad it's finished!

5 comments:

Susan R said...

Hey! I have about 20 walls that need painting (uh hmm). Interested?

The Atwoods said...

Beautiful!!! :)

Meredith said...

Haha how funny that we had such similar paint-color issues! You picked the RIGHT one on the second try. Your wall looks great!

ashley said...

Love it! I hate how hard it can be judge what a color will actually look like on the wall!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Oooh I love it!!! GREAT choice!! I am sure you are just dying over it- it's gorgeous!