Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Yay for Contact Paper!

Almost 2 years ago, I found a few of these boxes at Target:


I liked the shape and size so I grabbed some and took them home with me, but I was not thrilled about the color. I love green, but this shade was not jiving with me. However since they were only $2.50 a piece I figured I'd come up with something to do later. I didn't know later would be 2 years, but hey.

I found some super cute contact paper at Marshall's. It's from the Macbeth collection and it was $5.99 for 2 rolls and I knew that I could finally conquer the ugly green box.

Voila!


Since it was contact paper, it made this bad boy super easy to cover. Now I have it sitting on my kitchen counter to contain all of my paper clutter that I really should sort through, but somehow never make the time to... (Please tell me I'm not the only one)




I love how well it goes with the dining room! :)




I pretty much love it. :)

14 comments:

Kara Renee said...

You totally rocked these Morgan! I am so stinking jealous of your gorgeous home!

Heidi-likes said...

These are so useful, they look great! x

http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

Super cute idea, love how bright it is and perfect it organizes everything - great idea!

xoxo Bree
The Urban Umbrella

http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

Unknown said...

Super cute idea, love how bright it is and perfect it organizes everything - great idea!

xoxo Bree
The Urban Umbrella

http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

That is really pretty contact paper! It does look great out on the counter and I love how it ties in with the colors in your dining room!

Elle Sees said...

Super cute makeover!

Xaimarys said...

It's super cute and very simple. I need to get one of them, great post. When you get a chance I'd love it if you could check out my blog, I'm recently new to blogspot.

Xaimarys ♡
www.ajumbled-mess.blogspot.com

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

I pretty much love it too;)! Having fun hanging out at your blog today! Thanks for stopping by Plumberry Pie and the comment love! Hope you'll come again.

- just started following you so I can keep up with all your fun updates!

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

oh, PS - meant to tell you, you are not alone w/the paper piles...you should see my "clutter counter"!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love it Morgan! That contact paper is so pretty and usually the contact paper I see is so ugly..what a lucky find! It's perfect for your kitchen and you aer not alone in your paper clutter either! Have a lovely weekend! Angie xo

FASHION TALES said...

The splash of colour looks great! I also love the florals in the space.:) Have a lovely weekend.

Jennifer Opsahl said...

I really want that contact paper! And I really wish we had Marshalls up here. Fantastic makeover! Totally changes the look of it!

pam {simple details} said...

Cute idea, Morgan! Love it with your pops of aqua in the kitchen and dining room!

Faith said...

everytime i see more of your home, i fall more and more in love with it. your home is gorgeous!