I recently recruited my friend Kelly to help me paint my laundry room/pantry which has been boring in beige ever since I moved in. I wanted to paint it green so I got some samples and after observing the samples in different light, I settled on Hampton Green by Benjamin Moore. We spent a few hours painting and then over the next couple of days I slowly started to feel worse and worse about my decision. I wasn't in love with it. I feel like when I paint a room, I should love the color or it's just not going to work. Soooo I went back to the drawing board and tried again with Apple Green by Benjamin Moore.
But first things first. Here's the room as it looked when I first moved in.
So pretty right? Um, no. Last year after getting hardwood floors, it looked like this.
So anyway, after I painted the room Hampton Green I couldn't hardly tell that the room had been painted after a few days. I would walk by and then remember, oh yeah, I painted that wall.... Hmm, how boring.... So after round 2 - Apple Green here's what we have.
The view from the kitchen. Love that vacuum in the pic!
I could have cleaned up before taking pics, but oh well - keepin' it real!
After painting for about 10 minutes I was already so much happier with the color choice. It's bright and peppy and exactly what I was hoping for in this space.
I still have so many plans for this room:
* Stepping up the pantry organization
* Building a "command center" (the door to the garage is in here and that's the door I go in and out everyday and right no there is 0% functionality for us)
* Hanging some pictures to make it more personal
* Covering the washer and dryer so I have a surface to fold clothes and store laundry items without fear of scratching the tops of the machines
* Hanging the ironing board
* Creating storage for cleaning supplies and other miscellaneous items
But for now I'm just glad to have the painting finished because the room is already so much more cheerful! =)