Thursday, January 5, 2012

Murder and Mayhem Part II

Yesterday I shared part I of our NYE murder mystery party re-cap and now I'm back for part II. When I left off yesterday, we had experienced 2 murders at our party and a little greediness from our guests (stealing money off 'dead' bodies).

With 2 murders so far, we continued asking questions and trying to figure out information to solve the crimes.



And then, another murder!


And *gasp!* another one!


So many crimes to solve!





We wrapped things up eventually and were shocked when we figured out who committed each murder and all the things that were going on right under our noses that we didn't know about. Everyone had secrets and people were blackmailing each other like crazy!

We gave out awards for best costume, best performer, guest with the most money and for each guest who solved the main murder.

After we finished the game, we had to take some group pictures (some people had already left, but we got some with the people who were still there).



Then we headed down to the end of the street to shoot off roman candles that a friend brought to the party.




After we finished with the fireworks, we walked back to the house and on the way we noticed my neighbor's yard was on fire. Yes, you read that right - on fire. That had been lighting some small fireworks in their driveway and one went off into the grass.


Of course I had to get a picture with the fire and my two friends who were trying to stomp it out since my neighbors didn't have a water hose.


And that was how we welcomed 2012 - with mystery, roman candles and fire. Happy New Year to all of you!

15 comments:

Kara Renee said...

So cute! I absolutely adore your costume! I'm going to have to try a Murder Mystery party one day. Yall make it seem so fun!

Elle Sees said...

i'm loving the result. fireworks and a fire? how can you top that?

Faith said...

omg, so fun! loving your costume so much!

i can't believe there was an actual fire ... that is kinda funny but i'm sure not for your neighbor :)

Susan R said...

How fun is that Murder Mystery? That is so cool. The fire part is a little crazy. The first thing I would do if I were your neighbors is 1) Go buy a hose and 2) water that grass.

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

LOL I love that you all did a mystery party, so much fun!! It looks like you had an awesome night!

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

Love, love, love your group of friends. What a fun party. I love that it ended with your own personal fireworks and fire prevention:)

*Erin

Life Love and Hiccups said...

A fire on the grass lol - wow now that is one hellava night :) xx

Christine said...

That's the coolest party ever!!!! I loved how nicely dressed up everyone was!!!

Check out my blog too:
http://thediydreamer.blogspot.com/

claire said...

looks like you had a blast!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

What a cute party idea!

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

This looks fantastic you did such a great job!I wish I lived closer so I could beg you to invite me.

LV said...

Wow! This looks like so much fun. What a great idea! I know you had a lot of fun!

http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

Savannah said...

What a really fun way to celebrate the New Year!!!!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

You are so funny posing with the fire! The party sounded like a blast!

Summer-Raye said...

WHY DONT WE LIVE CLOSER TOGETHER?!!?