Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tomato Basil Soup

As promised on Monday, here is the recipe I use for Tomato Basil Soup! (From Allrecipes.com)

Ingredients:

4 tomatoes, diced
4 cups tomato juice
14 leaves fresh basil
1 cup heavy whipping cream (I use whatever I have on hand, half and half or cream)
1/2 cup butter
salt and pepper

In a large stock pot, heat the tomatoes and tomato juice on medium heat. Let simmer for 30 minutes.

At this point I use my immersion blender to blend the tomato mixture with the basil leaves while it's still on the stove (LOVE my immersion blender!).

Then stir in the cream and butter. Season the soup with salt and pepper and heat until butter is melted.


When I make this soup I usually make a double batch and I'll eat it throughout the week (I love carrying soup to work for lunch).

Yum!

4 comments:

The Atwoods said...

I have never tried homemade tomato soup (I admit that I just buy the kind in the red and white can...yipes!), but this looks easy enough to try! Now if I only had an immersion blender!

erica said...

Oh my gosh yum! xo

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh I'm making this for sure!! This week...haha. Thanks for sharing!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Yummy this sound so good and with the grilled cheese...you are making my mouth water!!! I've been really happy with recipes on allrecipes.com. It's great!!