Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Baked Ziti

Last week I wanted to make a quick and easy meal and as I've mentioned before I'm not one for measuring precisely...so I just threw some ingredients together to make baked ziti.

Boiling water for the pasta is always a good first step. ;-) 


I realize most people would use mozzarella cheese, buuuuuuuut I didn't have any so I just used cheddar cheese.


I just kept grating until I had a pretty nice pile going there.


Once the pasta was done, I strained it. Next, I drizzled some olive oil in the bottom of a clear baking dish. Then I poured some of the ziti into the bottom.


Then I poured some of my Ragu Super Vegetable Primavera sauce over the top of that and then sprinkled some of the cheese over it.


Then I kept layering the pasta, sauce and cheese. I then sprinkled some basil over the top and baked it at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.


The final product came out like this.


 
 I had the aforementioned parmesan green beans as well.


Pretty good for a 30-minute meal. =]

5 comments:

Maillardville Manor said...

Thanks so much for your super sweet comment over at The Manor!
Totally made my day!
That baked Ziti looks amazing, I'll be making that as soon as we are in our new home!

Susan R said...

Rachel Ray has nothing on you girl.

Pam said...

Yum!! That looks delish! ;)

The Atwoods said...

I love baked ziti! And your kitchen utensils are super cute. :) I love your fancy cheese grater!

claire said...

wow! this looks amazing!