Monday, October 25, 2010

FGK Halloween Swap

Recently, Susan over at Five Great Kiddos hosted a Halloween/Fall Swap and I participated. It was the first swap I have been a part of and I loved it! It was so fun picking out what I was going to give and putting the whole thing together. And then getting the package in the mail was so exciting. Susan and I actually ended up being partners and I thought I'd show you what I sent and what Susan sent me.

Here's the package I made up:


 I added a magnetic to-do list, "Emergency Chocolate", a cute little ghost bowl, some glittery chipboard letters, ribbon, cupcake liners, spider web cards, a tiny ceramic pumpkin and some Halloween magnets that I made.


 When I received Susan's package, I was so excited! So many cute things -- like these adorable Halloween plates and napkins.


My oven got a mini-makeover as it went from this:


To this:


I got the cutest apron ever. =] 


Susan also sent these beautiful fall-themed cards.


How jealous are you over this necklace? I love it.


And she also sent these super cool notebooks.


I got really lucky!


In addition to this swap, Susan has been considering hosting a Christmas swap. If you're interested, you can hop on over to her blog and leave her a comment. =]

6 comments:

The Atwoods said...

I did NOT know that you guys lived in AL!! :) I'm originally from B'ham, and a lot of Nathan (my husband's) family lives in Hunstville. Small world!! And yes, you're right--the weather there is great!!

I love this swap idea, btw...I'm going to look into this for the Christmas one!

Susan R said...

Awww....you are a sweetie. Hey, that apron looks great on you.
Now I wish I could say that I got to taste more of that chocolate, but it must have been good. My kids ate it in no time.

Jen said...

What a neat idea! Looks like you both scored!

ashley said...

what a fun swap.. your basket was super cute! you mentioned you run.. love to hear about fellow runners as well! :) helps keep my husband from going crazy listening to me talk about it.

The Atwoods said...

I went to UAB in B'ham too!! This is crazy!! :) I only went there for two semesters before my parents decided to move to Upstate NY.

Pam said...

Looks like you both got some amazing goodies!! I did a valentines day swap and had a blast picking out my partners stuff! Need to look into a Christmas one!