Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Beadboard Love

Ah, beadboard.... I don't have any in my house, but I sure want to. I have so many inspiration pictures saved that I drool over and hope to at some point DIY some beadboard in our half bath downstairs.


I don't know if I would want it to go up halfway or 3/4 of the way. I think both ways are beautiful and I definitely want a pop of color on the top.


This is closer to how the bathroom is, but the bathroom is not as big. I love the contrast of gray and white.


This picture is so enticing. I love that beautiful blue color on the walls against the beadboard. So many options!


An example of beadboard running higher up the wall. I like this too.


This one is a little dark for my taste, but I still think it's quite lovely.


One last picture! I like the shelf they added on the left. Nice and functional. I probably need something like that since I only have a pedastal sink for storage.

Anyone else with a love for beadboard? Or wainscoting in general? Do you have any in your home?

(All pics from Google)

3 comments:

Susan R said...

That is a beautiful, classic look. I love it. Wish I could do that in my place, but I would have to win the lottery to do that. Maybe just the bathrooms.

Jen said...

I love beadboard! those pics are gorgeous!

The Atwoods said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only brown bagger in the 21st Century! :)

Love reading about your house projects! :) Everything is coming along so nicely. Your wood floors are beautiful, too. If you ever need another eco-friendly and cheap way to clean them, I use vinegar and water. Just a little vinegar (maybe 1-2 TBSP) in a big bucket of hot water...it does the trick and doesn't ruin the floor!