Wednesday, June 8, 2011

McKenna Doesn't Have to Sleep on the Couch Anymore!

I posted before about how my sweet sister McKenna always had to sleep on the couch when she stayed with me because the poor guest room had no furniture. I developed a plan of attack to get this room whipped into shape when I found out that two of my good friends were coming to stay with me in a few weeks. That was an excellent kick in the pants to get the room started!

After I quit being indecisive and decided on a paint color, my lovely friend Kelly helped me paint the room and I thought you'd like to see it. Here's Kelly being awesome.


The color is called Filtered Shade by Glidden, but we got it color-matched to Olympic No-VOC paint. We painted this whole room with the window shut and we didn't get high from paint fumes. I call that a success. For fun I wanted to scribble something on the wall and then paint over it, so I did. Can you see it in the photo below?


No? Ok, what about this one?


I wrote "You suck Herb!" and if you don't know what that's from, watch this. You will laugh. After painting the room, this is what we had.


I suppose I could have moved the bed frame out of the room, but I was lazy.


However, I'm digging this color and I can't wait to get the whole room put together.


I'm stoked!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

LOVE it! Great choice on the paint color - can't wait to see as you add things to this room!

The Atwoods said...

Ooooo...I love the soft gray! Such a lovely color choice!! I can't wait to see the other changes you've made!

Susan R said...

I can't tell from the photos, but does the paint color have a blue tint or is it more of a beige tint?
Either way, it looks great.

Monica said...

I love the color you picked! Where can you buy the Glidden Filtered Gray?