What have I been up to? Well yesterday I was baking some breakfast treats for the breakfast club at work. I once again made muffins and since it's so close to Valentine's Day I made them "Valentine's themed" (if you count putting food coloring on some of them to make them red Valentine's themed).
It was fun and my Kitchenaid and I enjoyed spending time together. =]
Enough of the small news, in BIG news (seriously) I am truly honored as Rachel over at The Atwoods has nominated me for the Stylish Blogger Award! I feel so excited and happy!
The rules are:
Thank the person who nominated you:
Thanks so much Rachel! You are a sweetheart and I love reading your blog!! (I also love that you're a fellow Bama native. =])
Share 7 things about yourself -- this could get interesting...
1) I can't stand coffee (and sodas with the exception of root beer) so every day when my co-workers are drinking their morning coffee, I'm sipping the water in my canteen that I bring.
2) I got to meet Jon Heder my freshman year of college. You know, the guy who played Napoleon Dynamite. See, I loved loved loved (still do) that movie and I found out that he was coming to my University for a 'lecture series' and that there would be random contests around campus to get backstage passes to meet him after the lecture and I just HAD to win some passes.... I had a friend that worked in student affairs and I found out when and where one of them was going to be and of course I showed up. Turns out it was a contest to see who could stuff the most tater tots in their pants pocket in a certain time period (you know, like how Napoleon puts them in his pocket in the movie?). Yeah, I killed it. It was a landslide victory for me and I got to meet the man himself.
All I have as proof is this grainy, dark picture. But you can see him! And the guy who played Kip.
3) I was in band for 10 years. I started playing trumpet in 6th grade and in 9th grade joined marching band. I learned so much about music, self-discipline, time-management and I also had a ton of fun too! When I went to college, I joined the marching band there as well and didn't quit until my senior year (school had become too hard and I couldn't manage the time commitment any longer).
Here are some pictures. In case you couldn't figure out who I was, I gave you a hint:
4) For Christmas one year, my grandparents bought me one of those maps that held state quarters. Once I got that map it was my mission to track down every state quarter as soon as it came out and to complete my map. I'm proud to say that I completed my map and I still have it. I don't know what I'll do with it, but I have it. =]
5) I love to play pranks. Goofy pranks, not malicious pranks.
6) I love to dance. I don't mean to say that I can dance well... but I love to dance and do so often. What can I say? Music makes me come alive.
7) I used to live "in" Atlanta and I attended Central Gwinnett High School. Our concession stand was a giant castle.
So there you have it.
And now I'm supposed to nominate 15 bloggers for the Stylish Blogger Award!
1) Relatively Reagan - Pam is always baking up the cutest cupcakes and treats. She blogs about her life and baking. She also is an amazing photographer!
2) Welcome to Heardmont - Meredith and her husband have been tackling DIY project after DIY project on their blog and they've come quite far! They have a beautiful home and Meredith has done a great job of chronicling their progress.
3) Five Great Kiddos - Susan blogs about her job as a homemaker and mom of five. She also posts yummy meals and treats!
4) Fierce, Fit and Fabulous - Cait blogs from the heart. =] Almost every post of hers that I read brings back memories of something from earlier in my life or something that I loved/currently love. She recently posted about the show Friends which I watched all throughout college and now feel like I need to go watch all over again!
5) Inside BruCrew Life - Jocelyn posts amazing treats all the time! I'm basically drooling on the keyboard when I visit her blog.
6) Finding Joy in my Kitchen - Sno White posts delicious, healthy recipes on her website. I have found so many vegetarian main dishes on her site that I make often and they are so good!!
7) 1551 Transformed - Kelly posts about her home and design inspiration. There is some serious design eye candy on this girl's blog!
8) Redonkulous Runner - Ashley inspires me to run more! She runs like crazy and posts about her races, times and such. I run, but not nearly like this girl. Ashley want to move near me and be my personal trainer?
9) Evolution of Style - Jenny blogs about decorating her house and design. Her house is beautiful!
10) Russet Street Reno - Sara posts about her house and all the DIY projects that have come along with it. You've got to see the amazing transformations she and her husband have made (especially the bookshelves in their den!).
There are more I wanted to mention, but I'm about to run out the door to meet my family! Have a wonderful weekend everybody! =]